• On Friday (27/10/23) trading, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1% and the Nasdaq rose 0.4%. While the S&P 500 fell 0.4%. Amazon rose more than 6% after the tech giant reported third-quarter results that topped Wall Street estimates. Intel Corporation, meanwhile, jumped more than 9% as the chipmaker’s blowout Q3 earnings and lift on earnings guidance drew praise from Wall Street.
• The core price consumer expenditure index, a measure of inflation closely watched by the Fed, slowed to 3.7% in the 12 months through September, as expected, from a 3.9% pace the prior month. While ongoing signs of the slowing inflation will provide the Fed with further evidence that its restrictive monetary policy measures are having the desired impact, the stronger-than-expected pace of consumer spending seen last month could muddy the Fed’s thinking on policy.
• At a speech at Economic Club of New York luncheon on Oct. 19, Powell warned that above-trend economic growth could “put the progress of inflation at risk and justify further tightening of monetary policy,” the Fed chief said.
• NHKSI RESEARCH considers last week’s JCI Closing position which rebounded right at an important medium-term support as an attempt to reduce further decline even though its status is still relatively speculative. Investors/traders are advised not to buy too much, although the current position must be recognized as attractive for bottom fishing.
• MYOR : Net Profit Soars 87%
• EDGE : Received Approval for 1:5 Stock Split
• INCO : Recorded USD221.08 Million Net Profit
Domestic & Global News
• Trade Minister Zulhas Discusses Industrial Downstreaming Issue at G7 Meeting
• Joe Biden and Xi Jinping Scheduled to Meet Next Month, Improving Relations?
Download full report HERE.